The age of looking at mobile marketing as just a “fad” or the “next big thing” has ended. It’s here, it’s big, and it’s just going to get bigger. A recent survey by the Web.com group found that some 69 percent of the people surveyed declared that they thought that mobile marketing is going to be crucial to their business over the next five years, yet the majority of those hadn’t yet implemented it. With 84 percent of those using mobile marketing reporting a boost due to mobile, there isn’t any excuse for falling further behind the curve!
5 Tips on how to get mobile marketing active in your small business
- Mobilize your website and social media pages – Ensuring that your website and any significant social media pages, such as your Facebook business page, are optimized for mobile is crucial. Keep in mind that mobile versions of your content really need to be Spartan in size, images smaller, and textual content more brief and concise, so they won’t lose the busy mobile browser.
- Claim and optimize your local listings – Ensure that your local listings, such as on Google local, Yelp, FourSquare or other local directories are up-to-date with regards to contact information, directions, and any promotions you’d like to feature.
- Optimize your email – One that frequently gets brushed aside, optimizing your email for mobile devices is crucial as well. eConsultancy tells us that 41 percent of email is now opened on a smartphone or tablet, and of that group, 63 percent close or delete any emails that aren’t mobile optimized. Try to use one-column layouts, font size of 14, and line spacing to 1.5 for small-screen readability.
- Use Google Analytics – If you’re just guessing about whether or not mobile is helping you, you’re gonna be wasting lots of time and money. Get hard data you can use by utilizing Google Analytics. There is a mountain of data available, but you can simplify by segmenting smartphone and tablet visitors and analyzing their on-page behavior, allowing you to see how your campaigns are performing.
- Offer irresistible deals – Everyone loves a deal, and mobile shoppers are among the most voracious. Moreover, they are out and about NOW, and you can entice them with timely offers and coupons.
Trackback from your site.