Hasn’t everyone and anyone told you that video marketing is a snap, and you need to get going like, yesterday? While part of that is true, plunging into the deep end without understanding some of what lies below the water might be hazardous to your wealth! Sitepoint offers a glimpse into what can go wrong with your video marketing campaigns, and ways to avoid some common mistakes.
5 Killer Ways to Kill Your Videos
- Overselling – Hitting your viewers with a hypey, persistent sales message is a sure-fire way to get them running for the exits. No-one likes to be sold to, and the best method to convey your sales message is by showing them the benefits of this product or service to them, not all the spiffy features you’re so proud of!
- Underselling – On the other hand, if you are so bashful so as not to ask for the sale in anyway, you deserve what you get. Be sure you include multiple calls to action, and ask for the action you’re seeking, whether that is a click, purchase, opt-in or something else.
- Boring as the day is long – If your video is boring, there is little chance they will even watch it all the way through. If it’s an instance of not knowing enough regarding the subject at hand, perhaps it might be wise to engage an expert, or find an angle that makes the subject more engaging that it appears on the surface.
- Not specific – Understanding your target audience and attempting to match message to market is paramount here. The more focused you can be on a particular need or want of your audience, the more likely they will be to not only watch your video, but act!
- Information overload – Closely related to the point above, trying to cram too much information into one video will leave their heads spinning. Keep the message concise and direct, in order to avoid any confusion.
Trackback from your site.